Data scientist with extensive experience in research using survey, experimental, and field designs. Skilled in statistical modeling and programming. Expertise in the psychology of norms, attitudes, prejudice, discrimination, stereotyping, politics, motivation, and emotion. Passionate about using this expertise to understand and ameliorate social issues.
Ph.D., Social Psychology. May, 2018. Specialization in Quantitative Methodology. University of Kansas.
M.A., Social Psychology. May, 2016. With honors. University of Kansas.
B.A., Psychology. May, 2014. Departmental honors. Summa cum laude. University of Missouri-Columbia.
B.A., Sociology. May, 2014. Certificate in multicultural studies. University of Missouri-Columbia.
Data Scientist. Levi, Ray & Shoup. May, 2017 – August, 2017
- Authored R package for Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) for generating data quality reports, which more than halved the runtime of the previous program. This package is now used by similar departments across the country.
- Trained a classification model that improved the efficiency of text record searches.
- Developed interactive R Shiny applications to display statistics as maps, tables, and figures.
Academic Researcher. University of Kansas. August, 2014 – present
- Published 6 peer-reviewed articles in scholarly journals, including as the lead author for a paper in the top journal in the field.
- Generated research ideas in line with ongoing social issues and psychological theories, translated abstract ideas into concrete, testable ideas, collected and analyzed data, and synthesized my research with previous work in articles and presentations.
- Managed multi-year research program primarily focused on how people come to justify their prejudices: Led undergraduate researchers in the lab by communicating expectations for lab work, trained them on experimental paradigms and data collection, and supervised them on their own research projects and honors theses.
Teaching Assistant and Instructor. University of Kansas. August, 2014 – present
- Communicated complex ideas in a digestible way, focusing on tying concepts to students’ lives.
- Collaborated with other teaching assistants to develop lectures and activities for classes.
- Assisted students with hands-on research projects, from brainstorming, designing, running, writing, and presenting an experimental social psychological study in one semester.
R, Python, SQL, regression, analysis of variance, multilevel models, structural equation modeling, factor analysis and dimension reduction, longitudinal analysis, meta-analysis, machine learning, clustering, data mining and web scraping, data visualization, responsible data analysis, reproducible workflow, ethical human research certification.